Natasha
City
Rome

Старожил форумаАдминистратор

• Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 4 times
1 #
| по убыванию Posted Yesterday, 16:30 | descending
on the eve of Catholic Easter's thinking and I was curious as to your families?
Nicolo, like me, an Orthodox but all other relatives in Italy - Catholics ... Like it or not, he notes all on a large scale in the Catholic calendar (on the Christmas gifts presented to him, and Easter egg chocolate Nadar) ... and somehow I do not what to sad, and a little weird again to give him gifts and Orthodox holidays already like overkill (and so load with presents) ... in your families (mixed)?

comment

kids usually give a lot of gifts, can lay up a thread on Orthodox holidays, IMHO))) Published Yesterday, 19:14
Aida
City
Parma

Старожил форума

• Thanked 76 times
  • Thanked 58 times
2 #
Posted Yesterday, 16:51
We believe with the husband that the child will grow up and will decide what / whom to believe. Our family is not given much importance to any religious holidays.

List Thanked

) argenta ( Вчера 19:21 ) Si-si ( Вчера 17:02 ) The Cat (5:00. Ago) argenta (Yesterday, 19:21) of Si-si (Yesterday, 17:02)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Natasha
City
Rome

• Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 4 times
3 #
Опубликовано Вчера 17:16 Author | Posted Yesterday, 17:16
my question is a little out of it, we have already taken a different decision I wonder how in such families, as we do ... for me it was important to baptize the child and the husband does not practice much and did not mind that the child was Orthodox
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 125 times
  • Thanks 323 times
4 #
Posted Yesterday, 17:44
we are certainly not religious, but in the past year and the Catholic Easter celebrated with friends and for myself for another Orthodox bought cake nashensky and eggs painted as happened onion skins))) as one friend of mine from Russia from remote wrote: Schaub mustache was like people ... funny phrase, long since forgotten, but from her warm at heart, as a kid, haha.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 79 times
  • Thanked 51 times
5 #
Posted Yesterday, 19:07
Natasha, I think I understand your question, try to answer. I, though, and from a Muslim family, but not a religious Muslim holidays do not. The husband, who was born in a Catholic family, considered himself a Jew, but also the Jewish holidays are not celebrated. When he died in front of me there was a question, whether to hold a ritual and conduct. The two elder of his daughter -iskrennie Catholic. So I decided to conduct the funeral service at the Catholic church to have daughters was peace in my soul. I think that my husband would agree with this decision, he was very fond of their children. And when they were Catholic holidays, the husband gladly ate panetone and other ritual meals. I do not know if I helped you examples of our family.

List Thanked

) By Natascia Monday, (Yesterday, 19:14)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

L'alba
City
Modena

Старожил форума

• Thanked 27 times
  • Thanked 21 times
6 #
Posted Yesterday, 21:10
We have the same situation. Plus, even with church problems, we must go somewhere.
I for Easter and Orthodox Christmas (well really all the other Orthodox holidays do not mention ) Do something "small." We congratulate the kid each other and get compliments from her husband. I can cook something in the positive.
The most important thing - it is a sense of celebration inside.
That's how they say "Easter mood" - a holiday when the soul.
This extra days to talk with your child about the spiritual component of the holidays.
Generally we are every year more and more away from the celebrations and purchase gifts for the holidays. A certain such obyazalovke give something on certain days. And I am unspeakably happy.
As for families with small children, it may be also in a special way to celebrate two holidays. While the child is small, even just to give some trifle, but if home mom celebrates, say something - today races religious holiday. Children understand everything and then will distinguish holidays.
I liked very much the approach @alena for the holidays. For example, a girl comes of St. Nicholas (at the start of December seems to be in general), and then shish

Haha, we had a case here in the family. Cousin married to a woman from Morocco. We arrive at Christmas, bear baby gift. They brought a gift, because this is our holiday and nice to do something a little because it generally was the only kid among relatives. As a result, we were told: "We do not celebrate, but a child then it will confuse the holidays, do not want it to be Christmas gifts then consider the day Muslims only celebrate a birthday and Ramadan.".
- Ok - we were told. I was upset at first, but then I thought: Well, okay, less gifts, but, I dragged the first year still small.
and after a year and a half ..... when the woman saw that the Catholic-Orthodox families do not carry over gifts to children (and when there is Ramadan, we do not know) .... this past Christmas I was told I did not say that we We do not want to celebrate and do not want gifts.
Yeah-Yeah, I have a good memory
Seeing that all together have decided to honor her religious feelings and did not bring gifts, she decided that she and her children do not harm the Christian holidays.

List Thanked

) Natascia ( Вчера 21:18 ) a zebra (Yesterday, 23:03) by Natascia Monday, (Yesterday, 21:18)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Natasha
City
Rome

• Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 4 times
7 #
Опубликовано Вчера 21:22 Author | Posted Yesterday, 21:22
Yes, I also do not particularly like "commercial" component of religious holidays, we still somehow on special religious holidays not taken anything to give and I like it ... I would not want to Nicky for Christmas (any - Orthodox or Catholic) gave a billion gifts that he had opened a quantitative interest, and would value things and gifts, which receives ... But for this I need to alter the whole environment, and it is not possible ((I'm in NY childhood gave 1 only gift, but one that I wanted to, fasted all the gifts I still remember I do not think that the Italian nephews will remember what they gave for Christmas .... only think of a pile of presents

comment

Yes, seriously. It is easy to become a Russian strontium, depriving kiddie holiday: D Posted Yesterday, 21:55
You can arrange a specific ritual: to go to church or have a picnic with Russian friends, do not go to school in January 7th. It'll be even better than material gifts :) Posted Yesterday, 21:59

List Thanked

) Alba is of L' (Yesterday, 21:47)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 125 times
  • Thanks 323 times
# 8
Posted Yesterday, 22:10
I think that when children are young can give serious holidays such as Christmas and ng major gifts for the rest penserino type of book or candy, as befanu diabetes coal ... actually, I did not know that the same gifts are presented to the Catholic Easter at the ... we do not give anything .. children and kulichiki and painted eggs are pleased to ...
and when the children grow up they refuse to celebrate

comment

my son in childhood was very devout. Even he said that he wanted to become a priest. And last year he said- agnostic. Posted Yesterday, 22:19
Yes, everyone has their own path, your choice! Posted Yesterday, 22:23

List Thanked

) aida (Yesterday, 22:14)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Natasha
City
Rome

• Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 4 times
9 #
Опубликовано Вчера 22:12 Author | Posted Yesterday, 22:12
An here give children chocolate eggs are large, each gives a relative, there is a surprise inside)) and then the parents think, what to do with all this chocolate low quality)))) it is impossible to eat ..

comment

exactly, precisely on low quality chocolate ... today I just told about a huge chocolate Easter egg with the bike inside)))) even scary to imagine ... Posted Yesterday, 22:17
but in general I can imagine how happy the kids a surprise ... it's only a child sincerely rejoice ... or as an adult, watching the kids)) Published Yesterday 22:20
well in eggs from Kinder good milk chocolate. And for adults- from Peruzhdina ... or pasticheriyah yaytsa- do you bring your gift and they cram into the egg) Published Yesterday 22:25
artidzhanale at factories doing of good but I imagine how much this egg ... I saw today in the cafe at 100 euros and not particularly great ... Posted Yesterday, 23:04
Kinder on the way, are allergic to time climbs Posted 15 hours. ago
I do not like milk chocolate ... :( and usually give egg producers do not understand .. There's not chocolate, and garbage)) Published 14 hours. ago
Natasha, these "eggs" well then go into baking a chocolate cake or cupcake :)) Posted 14 hours. ago
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

L'alba
City
Modena

Старожил форума

• Thanked 27 times
  • Thanked 21 times
# 10
Posted Yesterday, 22:14
zebra added in 03/24/2016 22:10
it seems to me, when the children are small, you can give to ser ...

but what about the huge chocolate eggs for 1 kg and above? we had a year ... all sprinkled with baby ... then my husband and I secretly ate chocolate
and this year did not even bought chocolate eggs. Only the cakes, but for me it's not an option to cook cakes On Sunday, I think something else to cook. The child told me that before the age of 18 she would like to learn how to prepare tiramisu and zuppa inglese, that's probably going to teach her a minute

comment

Well, at the same time teach us ... or rather I, others probably already know how)))) Posted on Yesterday 22:21
necessarily only secret ingredients I will not say, of course: D Sono una stronzetta: P Posted 14 hours. ago
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 25.3.2016 15:10, Processed in 0.702559 second (s), 91 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning