01.03.2016 13:07
A place:
Italy
Floor:
- All -
Participants:
0 friends.

default-1o9s.jpg

Starbucks chain plans to open its first Italian store in Milan in 2017 the company's CEO Howard Schultz called it the performance of 30-year-old dream. Starbucks waited a long time before deciding to take this step, although it manages thousands of institutions in Europe. However, at home espresso company may face stiff competition.

Italy - one of the major coffee markets in the European Union, which, in turn, is the world's largest coffee importer. The country is already running a chain of restaurants McCafe, owned by McDonald's, but its market share is small. Distinctive coffee culture of Italy is based on the independent cafes and bars, which account for almost 90% of the market, according to Euromonitor.

«Starbucks always wanted to ever close the circle, appeared in Italy, but in the past we were not ready for it" - quoted Schulz in a statement. According to him, it is the Italian coffee-bars were the inspiration for Starbucks coffee house concept.

Starbucks is working with a group of Percassi, which is already 30 years old is a partner of the fashion brand Benetton, Zara has helped to enter the Italian market and has worked with such American brands as Nike, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. She also manages the cosmetics company Kiko. Founder and President Antonio Percassi Perkassi aware of how difficult it would be to open a chain of coffee shops in his homeland: "We know that we face a number of challenges, to open the first Starbucks establishment in Italy, a country of coffee. We are confident that the Italians are willing to go to Starbucks, as it is already doing many of the inhabitants of other countries. "

The main drink in Italy "definitely" will espresso, but the menu is not yet completely developed, Starbucks said. "We plan to adapt our menu to the tastes of Italians so as to show respect and knowledge acquired in [country]," - said a company representative.

Starbucks - not the first network of the United States, which wants to offer Italians the American interpretation of the classic Italian product. In October 2015 Domino's Pizza has announced plans to open a pizzeria in Italy. Like Starbucks, she stressed that her pizza is made from local products and take into account the preferences of the Italians.

In this fiscal year, Starbucks, under which guise openly about 21,000 cafes around the world, plans to increase their number is still about 1800. However, in some markets, the company has a problem. So, in 2008, it has closed the majority of stores in Australia, leaving only 25 points.

List Thanked

a zebra (03.01.2016 15:14)
Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 125 times
  • Thanks 323 times
2 #
Posted 01/03/2016 15:20:25
since they first opened! well, we wish good luck, even though I do not drink this coffee, but the desserts I have and enjoy the atmosphere too ...
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 92 times
  • Thanks 172 times
3 #
Опубликовано 1.3.2016 15:23:35 Author | Posted 01/03/2016 15:23:35
I wonder how they will be in Italy .. I think 50 to 50 ..
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 11 times
  • Thanked 30 times
4 #
Posted 01/03/2016 17:05:56
And I think that in the big cities have good business poydut.Molodёzh will hang out in coffee shops ... as well as all over the world!

comment

Yeah. will, at least for WI -FI. Prosperity them I do not want to. And the Italians would wish to wake up, learn to be competitive and do not let the goat in the garden Published 01/03/2016 23:15
ABOUT! Bonii, well done! so that it, and it is insulting to Italian Americans to sell coffee! Posted 03/01/2016 23:22
Girls, I do not wish them prosperity :) but something tells me that the cities will not klienty.Te who go out for coffee, and for WiFi and socializing plus foreigners / tourists / business Published on 01.03.2016 23:40
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 1 Time
  • Thanked 0 times
5 #
Posted on 03/02/2016 9:31:28
Tourists in Italy separate the buzz from the Italian coffee house, that I do not know whether it is possible to get Strabakse)) although if you take tulet for kai and the internet, it is possible)))

List Thanked

rrr (3/2/2016 14:29)
Reply Thank You!

A complaint

rrr
Elena (Pomorie)

Старожил форума

• Thanked 293 times
  • Thanks 276 times
6 #
Posted 03/02/2016 12:52:07
Once in Italy, a young girl asked us how to get to McDonald's. I could not believe it. Come to Italy to eat hamburgers? From curiosity almost burst. He pokes son to talk to her. Did American who "does not understand what they have here and where you can eat normally."
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

• Thanked 26 times
  • Thanked 22 times
7 #
Posted 02/03/2016 13:24:45
I've been living in Italy for 13 years and totally indifferent to the coffee shops. While Italian love coffee, but in its execution only home in mocha. Av cafe I go for a variety of other reasons: if you need to talk to someone, you need to rest, for the sake of the Internet (rare, but it is necessary), to warm up, the toilet is way too Nnemalovazhnym factor, and I'm so not alone. I think it should be all natural Italian cafes will still be at every step, and all other counterparts so interspersed here and there, and agree with the opinion that the etonsamoe youth.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 125 times
  • Thanks 323 times
# 8
Posted 02/03/2016 13:35:20
I think the more different cafes, the better the competition, he will not be exactly the local cafes and coffee ... in the Italian cafes generally, everything happens like this: ran, drank coffee at the counter, put one EUREKA and ran on Starbucks is ... completely different atmosphere and the prices ... for other young people, and the atmosphere is the way a son with friends the Italians are going to McDonald's after it ... Lyceum addition to Starbucks I love carrot cake ... let will wish them luck)))) one in Milan second in Rome
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

rrr
Elena (Pomorie)

Старожил форума

• Thanked 293 times
  • Thanks 276 times
9 #
Posted 02/03/2016 14:34:44
Well, all of these places provide a certain standard. At least, you always know what you get.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 25.3.2016 11:32, Processed in 0.730704 second (s), 91 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning