Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 221 times
  • Thanks 89 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 4.2.2016 19:34:42 | descending
In December, in one of the supermarkets, passing by "sweet" shelves, her husband said - of the famous chocolate from Modica! let's try! So take a few tiles himself and relatives / friends as a gift.
We are accustomed to the usual chocolate seemed strange because gritted teeth and I do not wish to "melt in your mouth", but, nevertheless, it is not we do not like (this is not a typo)). Even nice to the same: to cut that way shimmers mysteriously A few days ago opened the chocolate with orange peel - and just really, really hit me the taste: whether any new buds open , Or a combination of zest haunt. And another huge plus - me, you can not eat more than one small kvadratusika if they wanted to - just do not want
But the peculiarities modikanskogo chocolate and its production method raskazhet here this short article.

One of the attractions of gastronomic Sicily, and in particular, Modica - chocolate. Chocolate is truly unique. Let's see why.

Modikansky chocolate - a chocolate with ancient roots, the recipe of which comes from the so-called "people of the fifth sun" - the Aztecs, who lived in America in the 13-16 centuries. For them, the cocoa was food, source of income, effective medicine, and even a way of communicating with the gods. It was the Aztecs learned to fry on the hot "Metato" (stone with a recess) and then grind the grain on it though.

Combine flour prepared very nutritious and dense mix that flavored with vanilla, red pepper, cinnamon and other local herbs, and sometimes even exotic flowers and grind until smooth.

In order not to engage in painstaking preparation every day, from a mixture of tiles produced with the addition of a small amount of water to glue components. From ready-made tiles Aztecs brewed drink "Hoso-ATL" - "bitter drink", which was believed to have brought the knowledge and wisdom.

Approximately in 1519, the Spaniards, considering the exceptional taste and the commercial potential of cocoa beans imported first.

By learning process and numerous recipes, the Spaniards imported cocoa in the County of Modica - the largest and rich both economically and traditions and architecture, the Kingdom of Sicily.

Today modikansky chocolate is still made according to the recipe, brought by the Spaniards. Mixture for preparing chocolate cooking at low temperature, not exceeding 35-40C °, which does not allow melt sugar, chocolate and acquires its granular consistency. Cocoa beans, cocoa butter is not removed, so the chocolate is fat and in a measure completely natural.
This method is unique and nowhere else used - there were even attempts to get the IGP - brand "protected geographical indication", the sign of a unique quality. But they did not succeed, because cocoa and sugar are imported. Theoretically, because somehow logical: Modikansky chocolate can be made anywhere, but in practice - this is a unique age-old tradition, which is part of the culture of the city, with its secrets and tricks.

How to distinguish real chocolate Modikansky:
Label: The label should indicate only 3 ingredienta: cocoa, sugar and spices (if it is not dark chocolate) - proportion of cocoa / sugar can vary, spices make up a small part.

Appearance:
Chocolate dark brown, the surface may be a whitish bloom - but this is not a sign of poor storage, but only on the surface of separation of cocoa butter, which is absolutely normal, because cocoa is processed at a low temperature.
Rough, several loose consistency is formed due to the presence of whole grains of sugar, which he attached to flicker as marble slab fracture.
In contrast to normal chocolate, if you hold in your hand a piece Modikanskogo -
it almost melts, due to the low content of cocoa butter (and no other fats or oils).

Smell.
Smells Modikansky chocolate only cocoa and one spice that is added to it. To avoid stale zapaxa what happens when stored in plastic containers, real chocolate should be stored in a special oiled paper.

Taste.
Trite repeating that chocolate has a rich taste of cocoa. Since cocoa is not heated to high temperatures, it reveals many nuances. Velvet and is accompanied by a strong taste of the amazing aromatic chord classical (cinnamon, zest, vanilla, etc.) and unexpected additions (sea salt, jasmine, cardamom, nutmeg, etc.).

T.Barkun

comment

Idea: 5.0 Uniqueness: 0.0
Idea: 5 Unique: 0
Nastya, kidding ?? lies in my closet cocoa, and for a long time without work, and here it is direct so vividly presented his triturated Aztecs, go eat the drink of the gods, wanted badly !! Posted 05/02/2016 00:22
This is all the Aztecs, Ira !!!: D Posted 2/5/2016 1:35
Very interesting, thank you! I even lost in conjecture whether this eating or not, but wanted to try. Posted 05/02/2016 15:19
If while eating chocolate was a feeling of sand in the mouth thus ate)) Posted on 02.05.2016 18:43

List Thanked

sperybel (02.20.2016 22:07) Vladislavovna (05/02/2016 15:19) Nailya (05/02/2016 13:33) irina77 (00:14 05/02/2016) a zebra (2/4/2016 19:41)
Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 121 times
  • Thanks 310 times
2 #
Posted 02/04/2016 19:46:15
the combination of chocolate with orange peel my favorite, I love orange Filetto in chocolate. I remember when we were in the Monasterio de Piedra in Aragon there learned that he allegedly (monastery) claims to be the first producer of chocolate in Europe and partly in this article confirms that the Spaniards were the first who had introduced chocolate to the European continent.

comment

I also really like the combination of chocolate with orange zest (the husband in general was opposed to such a union, but it is trying modikansky, said that he likes so much more than the vanilla extract, naprime Posted 02/05/2016 18:45

List Thanked

Aveita (02.04.2016 19:49)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Lyudmila
City
Turin

Старожил форума

• Thanked 29 times
  • Thanks 18 times
3 #
Posted 20/02/2016 17:45:35

Chocolate of Modica

And at the expense Modikanskogo chocolate. We are where we go to Sicily often there byvaem.U husband's grandfather was from Modica. There is a chocolate museum. At first I did not imbued with that this chocolate .. I did not like how he creaks teeth. But now I can sharpen the whole tile) I really like the red pepper.
I remember, once I arrived in Modica and searched the house where his grandfather rodilsya.Vstetili dedushku.Zabavny one such story told about Modiki.Okazalsya former measures.

List Thanked

a zebra (20/02/2016 21:03) Aveita (20/02/2016 18:20)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 221 times
  • Thanks 89 times
4 #
Опубликовано 20.2.2016 18:20:30 Author | Posted 20/02/2016 18:20:30
He said Lyudmila at 02/20/2016 17:45
And at the expense Modikanskogo chocolate. We Sitsi when we go to ...

Oh, and we with red pepper then take not steel zaboyalis something You are, it turns out, it is already an expert in the chocolate - the whole tile modikanskogo w. sharpen Well it should be able to))

comment

there is only pepper in the aftertaste chuvstvuetsya..i the feeble Posted 02/20/2016 19:11
I would know)) Posted on 02.20.2016 19:27
My favorite modikansky chocolate just with pepper, I highly recommend to try. I even add it to coffee. It was originally delicious! Posted 21/02/2016 20:09
Well, now just take the case to trial when :) Posted 2/23/2016 2:12

List Thanked

Lyudmila (02/20/2016 19:11)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 75 times
  • Thanks 49 times
5 #
Posted 02/22/2016 00:48:29
And I modikansky chocolate without sugar, and it is written on the wrapper. I'm a little chocolate lover, so sometimes this it.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Sevar
City
Milan

Старожил форума

• Thanked 18 times
  • Thanks 9 times
6 #
Posted 02/23/2016 22:32:27
For the first time I tasted the chocolate in Modica. I do not like it at all. During the Milan Expo dzhelateriyu in which I worked, distributors simply overwhelmed us with a mixture of chocolate ice cream for modikanskogo air rice ... here I appreciate it I recommend to try this option and

comment

"writes" modikanskoe chocolate ice cream with air rice pt "loud and plaintive sighs": D Posted 23/02/2016 22:46
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 22.3.2016 16:34, Processed in 3.271253 second (s), 72 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning