print ago Forward

[My trip] Santiago Way

Marina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 41 times
  • Thanks 46 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 25.7.2015 17:08:17 | descending
One day after reading one of the books of P. Coelho "Diary of a Magus", I decided that someday necessarily pass this Track-Santiago Way, and be sure to share experiences, but now you can just talk, who thinks on this subject ....

Way of Santiago (St. James) is an ancient pilgrims road leading through Europe in the Spanish city of Santiago de Compostela. Sometimes this way is called "Dear Stars" as the ancient pilgrims night guided by the stars, and the Milky Way showed them the direction.
There are about 15 routes leading to Santiago de Campostela. The length of the most popular of the French Way (Samino Frances) is more than 800 km.Glavnaya part of the route passes through the territory of Northern Spain. To begin the pilgrimage can be from Spain, France, Germany, Portugal and the UK. The ultimate goal is Santiago de Campostela, in the cathedral where the relics of St. James.
Everyone has their own motives for pilgrimage: one goes for religious reasons, others are looking for themselves and their place in the world, for some it is just a new kind of travel.
Along the way in every town and in all the villages have special shelters for pilgrims. Each pilgrim can get a pilgrim passport, where it will affix a special seal, which will be evidence of the passage of the Way.
Every year on July 25 is the day of St. James. Year when the holiday falls on a Sunday is called Holy. In this year, every last Way of Santiago, received the remission of all sins.
As evidence of the ancient pilgrims travel, reaching Finisterre (end of the earth), Santiago de Campostela is located a few kilometers from okeana- picking up shells. This sink has become a symbol of the pilgrimage on the Way of Santiago.
The Red Cross is the symbol of the Order of Santiago. This knightly order was founded in 1161 on the territory of Galicia Duchy of Portugal. protection of pilgrims in the Way was the main task of the Knights.
Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 89 times
  • Thanks 172 times
2 #
Posted 25/07/2015 23:06:43

Re: Way of Santiago

This is from Jerusalem go to Lourdes.
Interestingly, I never was a pilgrim.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Marina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 41 times
  • Thanks 46 times
3 #
Опубликовано 25.7.2015 23:44:15 Author | Posted 25/07/2015 23:44:15

Well, this way equate to the third in importance after Jerusalem and Rome. The Apostle James is the patron saint of Spain. And those who have reached at last the endpoint, the most memorable ritual, accompanied by a very original way of smoking incense, with a silver vessel meter vysoty.Vnutri huge incense embers and incense. From the highest point of the cathedral hangs thick rope, which is attached and this machine. Five Galician fishermen begin to rock her back and forth, censer flies whistling over the heads of the audience, spreading the divine fragrance. The sight really makes an impression, especially when this weighty thing is gaining decent speed .....
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Marina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 41 times
  • Thanks 46 times
4 #
Опубликовано 25.7.2015 23:49:30 Author | Posted 25/07/2015 23:49:30

Saint James himself presented at the altar in three persons: the nobles, the soldier and the pilgrim. Is there and four statues personifying Prudence, Justice, Power and Restraint.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Elena

Старожил форума

• Thanked 8 Times
  • Thanked 30 times
5 #
Posted 07/26/2015 00:11:05

My mother in law went there, though on a plane and get to, ie do not walk right. She really liked it, said that in contrast to the pilgrimage places (she loves the holy places to visit and many places were) in the same Italy, there remain chaste place, and not turned it into a commercial center, such as done in 4ernogore or a place where lies Padre Pio ...
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Marina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 41 times
  • Thanks 46 times
6 #
Опубликовано 26.7.2015 00:26:54 Author | Posted 26/07/2015 00:26:54

I would like to pass it on foot, to test himself, to admire the beauty of nature and the Spanish architecture.
"Many people are driven by faith, and many find sensations, seemingly forever gone from our rational world where we are all separated."
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Elena

Старожил форума

• Thanked 8 Times
  • Thanked 30 times
7 #
Posted 07/26/2015 00:32:37

Well if you imagine it can afford, and for health reasons, and leaving the house is not for one day, then this is the course on foot it!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Marina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 41 times
  • Thanks 46 times
# 8
Опубликовано 26.7.2015 12:12:00 Author | Posted 26/07/2015 12:12:00

I hope someday I can !!!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 89 times
  • Thanks 172 times
9 #
Posted 07/26/2015 12:28:11

My mother in law went there, though on a plane and get to, ie do not walk right. She really liked it, said that in contrast to the pilgrimage places (she loves the holy places to visit and many places were) in the same Italy, there remain chaste place, and not turned it into a [hidden] commercial center [/ hidden], such as the made in 4ernogore or place where Padre Pio is ...
Exactly! sometimes more like a place, a little-known but just because it is "not massively reached the foot of man!"
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 6 Times
  • Thanks 5 times
# 10
Posted 27/07/2015 22:11:57

What an interesting coincidence - just today I finished reading "Veronika Decides to Die" and the beginning of "The Pilgrimage", and then your theme ... By reading a pleasure to join the discussion. While only want to point out that this issue very close to me
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 24.3.2016 15:19, Processed in 0.659960 second (s), 90 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning