City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 221 times
  • Thanks 92 times
1 #
Posted 16/05/2015 13:02:02 по убыванию | Descending
I thought in the past to put this topic, but thanks to Anyuta and postavila

Asafoetida - a silnopahnuschih resin obtained from the umbrella plant, native to Iran and Afghanistan. Typically, the dried resin was pulverized and mixed with rice flour to give asafoetida powder form. The percentage of flour may be different than it is smaller, the less need to add spices to dishes.
This spice powder can be bought in the shops with Indian spices and goods, online stores in different packages. Pure resin is sold mainly in India, Afghanistan and Iran. And Afghan asafoetida is considered to be the best and the worst Indian. But the cost of the Afghanistan and spices in a few times higher than the Indian.
The use of asafoetida in cooking

Spice asafetida is one of the most important ingredients in Vedic cooking. It advantageously replaces onion and garlic, thus leaving no odor.

It can be added to appetizers, soups, vegetable dishes and side dishes, salads, in general everywhere, no matter where you add the onion and garlic.

Asafoetida strengthens digestion so that in India they say, it can help to digest even nails. Therefore, it is necessary to add dishes indigestible, such as legumes. It is also good to increase the appetite, it helps in burping, eliminates gases and improves the tone of the body.
The dosage and the correct use of asafoetida in cooking:

Usually quite a quarter of a teaspoon asafoetida powder per serving dishes. Add it must be at the end of cooking to preserve its maximum flavor.

Pure asafoetida in India in the resin is first dissolved in hot water (obtained white "asafetidnoe milk" which Indians called "Hing Dudh ki ') and then add it into the dish and the end of cooking. Pure resin is sufficient to take on the tip of a knife to one serving. If you put it too much unpleasant bitterness appears.

If you are cooking masala (spices fried in oil) for filling of the finished dish, then with the rest can fry spices and asafoetida.

Do not put asafoetida at the beginning of cooking, otherwise it will lose its essential oils and will not be felt in the dish.
Useful properties and use asafoetida for medical purposes

When angina should mix a pinch of asafoetida and 1/2 h. Spoon of turmeric with a glass of warm water and rinse it with a solution of the throat. Antiseptic and analgiziruyuschie properties of these spices can help faster recovery.

If you add the asafoetida in water and drink in small sips, it immediately will clean voice.

Also it is good for starting cataract in the form of an ointment with honey.

The resin is mixed with olive oil, can be applied to the site of the bite of poisonous insects or a mad dog, as it protects from the action of poisons.

Inhalation the smell of resin to prevent attacks of hysteria. Children suffering from mental disorders, Enema of 1/2 Art. water and a pinch of asafoetida would have a calming effect.

To toothache subsided, a pinch of hing should be dissolved in 1/2 h. Tablespoons of lemon juice, a little warm up and apply soaked in this solution swab to the sore tooth.

If asafoetida mixed with pomegranate juice and drink, it will help to break the muscles and pain from nerve.

This spice - very powerful digestive stimulant. It has a strong antimicrobial and bactericidal properties, and outputs tapeworms parasites of the gastrointestinal tract.

More asafoetida is used in threatened miscarriage, infertility, belyah, in the postpartum period, as well as to increase the potency.
Contraindications:

Spice not be abused at high temperature, pregnancy, acidity, and rash.
Source: http://vegetarianrecept.ru/specii/asafetida.html

More can be read here:
http://1veg.ru/beauty-health/1800

and here:
http://www.edimdoma.ru/kulinarnaya_shkola/tips/show/17783-asafetida-v-kulinarii

List Thanked

a zebra (03.01.2016 15:21) Vladislavovna (02.29.2016 23:41) irina77 (02.29.2016 17:18)
  • Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 18 times
2 #
Posted 16/05/2015 13:34:28

Re: Asafoetida

Here, just I live in India, buy, if I can find. A mixture as buy mainly in industrial packages, there is already some mixed spices. Frankly, the constant use of spices so tired that on arrival in Italy or in Tashkent, I have them at all will not put. Therefore, I would like to cool them, and now wanted this asafoetida. Especially liked its use as a treatment for hysteria. I they do not seem to suffer, but if I am nervous because of anything I did not help, Novopassit can drink a bottle or anything. We must try to sniff the powder. So spread out on a piece of paper and snuff.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 121 times
  • Thanks 316 times
3 #
Posted 16/05/2015 21:12:54

Re: Asafoetida

oh, useful thing ... it will be necessary to find in the sample a bit ...
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 221 times
  • Thanks 92 times
4 #
Опубликовано 29.2.2016 16:13:56 Author | Posted 29/02/2016 16:13:56
And anyone familiar with cardamom close? I'm talking about him and had heard, and recently a friend of mine shared the very good reviews for this spice, saying, soups constantly adds and rice also. I went out of curiosity to check out the details and that's what they write:

Cardamom (Cardamom, from the Greek καρδάμωμον.) - The fruit of the perennial herb Cardamom real (Elettaria cardamomum (L.) Maton) of the ginger family. The fruits ripen in the third year and have a very strong aroma with notes of camphor and are among the most expensive spices, why dubbed the "queen of spices".
Unripe fruit plants - boxes, triangular in cross-section - are collected, dried in the sun, then dried and re-moistened. Obtained white capsule triquetrous length from 0.8 to 1.5 cm.
Homeland cardamom - Malabar Coast of India and Ceylon. In the XXI century, the greatest number of spices produces Guatemala.
Because of ground cardamom flavor quickly disappears, it is advised to buy in pods (pods). Before using luschat pods and grind the fruit. Grinding can not only grains of cardamom, but the whole pods; however, the flavor spices in a less pronounced.
The fruits and seeds of cardamom

Cardamom - concentrated spice with a pronounced taste, so it is used in small quantities. cardamom seeds contain 3-8% of essential oil, which includes fatty oil and terpineol, terpinilatsetat, cineole protein. Cardamom oil is widely used in perfumery.

Cardamom - pronounced tonic. In the Middle East and in India it is commonly added to coffee and tea (ie. N. Bedouin coffee and masala tea). Thus the seeds of cardamom and coffee are often milled together. When combined with other spices cardamom usually interrupts their flavor.

Due to the above mentioned substances in the Middle Ages, cardamom prescribed to stimulate the secretion of gastric juice, strengthen the muscles of the stomach, as well as a carminative and aphrodisiac (a drug for impotence). The cardamom contain calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and zinc. Natural zinc in it is greater than in many other spices. Vitamins B1, B2, B3.

In the eastern medicine is believed that cardamom helps to remove mucus from the body, and so it is used in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, colds and coughs. Supporters of traditional medicine argue that cardamom cleans the digestive tract, it is included in many collections, designed to improve digestion. It is used to cleanse the mouth and breathing, for effectively neutralizes the pathogenic flora.

I have why I write: I understand that the taste and color, etc., but still interesno listen to your feedback. Because here, for example, cumin / cumin bought, tempted by its properties, etc. -. And did not go with us, absolutely. Now the jar is idle

comment

Zira, cumin kind of spice ... Posted 05/03/2016 19:04
Yeah, we have not caught .. Posted 03/05/2016 19:10

List Thanked

Vladislavovna (02.29.2016 23:42)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 76 times
  • Thanks 50 times
5 #
Posted 29/02/2016 19:43:58
I use spices, but I can not say I'm their big expert. I love cardamom and use in baking and sweet tea in the collection of spices. Asfatida I liked in sweet pilaf. In my opinion, spices are especially good for vegetarian food, and if there is a menu of meat and fish, they are not so necessary.

comment

Idea: 5.0
rrr
Idea: 5
Published 01/03/2016 11:26

List Thanked

Aveita (2.29.2016 19:55)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 89 times
  • Thanks 172 times
6 #
Posted 02/03/2016 17:49:52
Where you add anise? And how - the rest of the spices I find the application, but the aniseed ....
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 76 times
  • Thanks 50 times
7 #
Posted 02/03/2016 20:18:27
Vladislavovna added in 03/02/2016 15:49
Where you add anise? And how - the rest of the spice ...

I myself do not use anise, but recently came across a recommendation - the meat.

".Myaso + Anise - secret combination Heston Blumenthal, which is used in all meat dishes, which are served in the restaurant The Fat Duck anise taste is unlikely to discern, but the taste of the meat it will make more vivid and profound Try..!"
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 121 times
  • Thanks 316 times
# 8
Posted 03/05/2016 19:09:47
savory, chabёr Italian La santoreggia (Satureja)

first time I heard, it appears there is a herb spice ...

"Ancient Romans savory sauce with vinegar served with fish and meat dishes. Later in Europe, savory added as filling in the rolls of veal and turkey, in sauces for fish and other dishes, sausage and pork pies.

Now it is used almost exclusively in combination with beans, peas and other legumes. Savory is fighting with the notorious side effect of these pulses, that is, the formation of intestinal gas. Therefore, in Germany and the Netherlands savory called "legumes". Savory assists for the digestion of starchy foods and heavy game. [Source not specified 667 days]

In Bulgaria, this plant (Bulgarian. Chubritsa) is a popular seasoning for dishes of vegetables, meat and fish, is included in the formulation of "Bulgarian ketchup." Since ancient times used as a spice in the Moldavian cuisine, which is known as chimbru. Actively used in the Abkhaz, Armenian, Georgian and Uzbek cuisine, which is called respectively atsybra, citron, and Kondara Jambul. In many national kitchens are widely used for salting and pickling vegetables. "

effect on the body in combination with legumes - a very important thing in my opinion ...
and the way it is grown in combination with beans and beets in the garden ....

comment

And I did not know about it .. Posted 03/05/2016 19:13

List Thanked

Aveita (05/03/2016 19:12)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

rrr
Elena (Pomorie)

Старожил форума

• Thanked 286 times
  • Thanks 274 times
9 #
Posted 06/03/2016 11:48:46
zebra added in 03/05/2016 19:09
savory, chabёr Italian La santoreggia (Satureja)

I never heard ...

Kondara always use when doing lobio. But Bulgarian grass can not stand. Maybe different varieties of thyme? We call her Mother of God grass. I grew up in the area, is not regularly mowed steel. Previously, and St. John's wort and yarrow, and Ivan-tea rose. Lawn all won. (((

comment

wrote that thyme is another plant ... Posted 06/03/2016 12:15
rrr
Yes? So kontakion -not thyme? And I drink tea with her. Very similar. Posted 03/06/2016 12:23
rrr
I wrote Kondara, and the phone is replaced. Savory and Thyme different? Published 03/06/2016 12:24
I do not know, I'm not seen any savory or thyme, but in the internet are advised not to be confused with thyme ...)))) and it seems on the pictures is not like thyme ... Posted 06/03/2016 12:26
like thyme is Thymus serpyllum, and savory - Satureja montana Published 06/03/2016 12:30
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna
City
Rome

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 121 times
  • Thanks 316 times
# 10
Posted 06/03/2016 12:36:26
chaber.gif

chabrec.jpg

Savory is still with white flowers according to the Internet ... and now I think I can enjoy tea with savory, and thyme are not ... my mother gave thyme tea bags, but it is not such a taste before I saw ...

List Thanked

Aveita (3/6/2016 14:57)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 24.3.2016 07:24, Processed in 0.650766 second (s), 95 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning