Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 211 times
  • Thanks 85 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 15.5.2015 15:33:20 | descending
Interesting and wonderful article about emmer (farro), which we dearly love, and at least once a week we prepare (with barley or lentil or vegetable soup)
http://lavkagazeta.com/fermery/lyudi-kotorye-spasli-polbu
  • Thanked 25 times
  • Thanks 18 times
2 #
Posted 05/16/2015 13:21:35

Re: People who have saved spelled

I thought Farro - this is barley, all soups in Italy, that cook with barley brew it with Farro, thinking it was barley. So I have seen and cooked quickly. I guess I just forgot the taste of this barley, as we have in Uzbekistan it is not popular now, when Russian little left, and you never know whether You take fresh. In France, I take the package Le Ble, and in Italy, too, as it is cooked quickly and is good in the form of porridge with butter or a side dish. Interestingly, this Le Ble also spelled or what? And if so, I am an absolute fan of spelled, barley and what then? I have nothing but Farro ne seen on shelves in Turin in a pure form. Soup sets I rarely take, I do not like the color of the soup later, it turns a black or hazy. That man I in this Perlovka or spelled long accustomed, began with soup, and now eat porridge. For buckwheat accustomed mixing it with rice and gradually add, KSAT entirely different third taste turns out very well for garnish when the meat and gravy.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 69 times
  • Thanked 39 times
3 #
Posted 05/16/2015 13:35:31

argenta I would advise as razlichat- barley - white and emmer (farro) - yellow, but they are similar in that they have a longitudinal groove. I love the one and the other cereals, they are, I always have. In Italy, they are usually sold in the ordinary supermerkato. Pearl barley is cooked longer, and emmer faster. The taste emmer, reminds me, wheat, semolina, barley and closer to the rice. And I barley instead of rice can be used in the dishes (a kind of pilaf). Spelt loved AS Pushkin with honey and I like that option.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 211 times
  • Thanks 85 times
4 #
Опубликовано 16.5.2015 13:47:25 Author | Posted 05/16/2015 13:47:25

Barley - orzo perlato:

Spelt - farro perlato:

And about Le Blé, I have a cream called Bleuet et Blé - Cornflower and wheat, and barley, and spelled, according to the dictionary, is called differently.
In our supermarket are almost side by side And yes, they are different not only in color and form, from spelled, in my opinion, more pronounced taste.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 69 times
  • Thanked 39 times
5 #
Posted 05/16/2015 13:52:07

...... And yes, they are different not only in color and form, from spelled, in my opinion, more pronounced taste.
I agree, so I like barley because of its neutral taste, ie, she and rice can be a good backdrop for the rich flavors in the dishes (eg, rice)
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 9 Times
  • Thanked 20 times
6 #
Posted 05/16/2015 13:57:58

Oh girls ... my husband is a fan of emmer (farro), but not cereals, namely pasta, cookies, grissini, even from Farro pokupaet.A I eat it generally can not !!! I know that it is useful, but I probably can not stand her body ... I'm not at all a fan of pasta, I prefer rice, and we even spelled flour taste is very heavy. In general, how many I did not try to accustom themselves to the spelled, is not ... and all!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 69 times
  • Thanked 39 times
7 #
Posted 05/16/2015 14:18:28

Yes, emmer (farro) heavier wheat, for example, if it from making flour dough, it will rise less than wheat, however, usually do not make 100% of the product spelled flour and added wheat. And more bread flour spelled stale faster.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

elisa

Старожил форума

• Thanked 21 times
  • Thanks 18 times
# 8
Posted 05/16/2015 15:05:51

I make bread from flour polbyanoy absolutely without adding refined wheat. Sometimes it can dilute it with a little flour from durum wheat wholemeal. It fits perfectly! However, I am using the mother starter, and knead the dough in the evening, I put it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, I take out, bring to room temperature and bake. Hlebushek turns out - sight for sore eyes! And do not get stale for a long time.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

elisa

Старожил форума

• Thanked 21 times
  • Thanks 18 times
9 #
Posted 05/16/2015 15:18:05

Yes, even here I would like to add. Spelt (or spelled) - mother of wheat. In fact, only the last 100 years, people have become engaged in breeding of crops, and more in favor of it yields, not good. Use only refined wheat varieties in recent decades has led to a sharp jump in diseases ranging from intolerance to gluten and various food allergies, and to the terrible disease.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

elisa

Старожил форума

• Thanked 21 times
  • Thanks 18 times
# 10
Posted 05/16/2015 15:18:06

Therefore it should be treated very carefully to what we eat.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 15.3.2016 03:10, Processed in 0.697945 second (s), 96 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning