964 | Ответить: 12 Views .: 964 | Reply: 12
print ago Forward

[Cooking] Where to buy good spices?

Irina
  • Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 4.4.2015 16:40:23 | descending
Girls - kulinarka, tell me where to buy good quality spices for baking? I bought into the "Interspare". Unpleasantly surprised that there is no choice. One type of vanillin and one kind of cinnamon (ground). House after the opening of bags thrown into the trash. Content had not even smell! The first time encountered such a phenomenon. Accustomed to that in Russia in the large stores of several spices on the shelves and in several rows. You stand in front of them in the throes of choice. Still not looking at "Lidl" and "CONADE". Maybe there is something worthwhile? I would not want to shop for the bin. Still very much like baking cardamom. Or, and this too will have to take out of Russia? In general, krasavishny share who takes that somewhere?
Lyudmila
City
Turin

Старожил форума

• Thanked 29 times
  • Thanks 18 times
2 #
Posted 04/04/2015 17:43:49

Re: Where to buy good spices?

in any large supermarkete..Karrefur Bennett, Esselunge. everything is.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

erna

Старожил форума

• Thanked 18 times
  • Thanked 21 times
3 #
Posted 04/04/2015 17:57:55

Buy vanillin Paneangeli brand. excellent quality. Cinnamon bought in MD, which they mark, in a glass bottle. I take a year 3, and the smell of which must be at cinnamon. I bought here more in Karefure in bag cinnamon, Pellini brand. Not yet opened, but the smell is audible through the bag. Cardamom never met, or maybe just not paying attention, as not particularly interested in them. In general, then, with spices no problems here in Italy I did not have
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Irina
  • Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
4 #
Опубликовано 4.4.2015 18:32:16 Author | Posted 04/04/2015 18:32:16

Just I bought vanilla brand Paneangeli! Zero Odor, and result from the use of zero, too! Now, I think, and what kind of vanillin I had before? As soon as you open the jar, just the smell of the whole house! I thought he was always and everywhere like this. So, no .... By the way, bay leaf is the same. I bought a package of fresh bay leaf. Habitual no odor. I think maybe now dry, and you smell the native Caucasian lavrushki? Not appeared .... I must have spoiled a good strong spice, so now keenly feel the difference. Well, okay, I brought from Russia their own, familiar, not such a big problem.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Sevar
City
Milan

Старожил форума

• Thanked 18 times
  • Thanks 9 times
5 #
Posted 04/04/2015 18:44:55

Toscha, do not be afraid and go once in any oriental grocery store (Indiana, Chinese, etc.) ... It will find everything your heart desires I have long spices buy only in such shops.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Irina
  • Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
6 #
Опубликовано 4.4.2015 19:04:10 Author | Posted 04/04/2015 19:04:10

Oh, and here's an idea! Many thanks for the tip! Something I overlooked this option. At the first opportunity I shall come to this shop and bought all the heart!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
7 #
Posted 04/04/2015 19:58:07

And buy real vanilla in Stryuchkov. It is not only spice flavors, but above all their useful properties.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Irina
  • Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
# 8
Опубликовано 4.4.2015 20:43:15 Author | Posted 04/04/2015 20:43:15

Yes, of course, real vanilla - a wonderful thing, and its fragrance can not be compared with synthetic vanilla (vanillin). But this pleasure is very expensive, so I do not use it for baking and for sweet dishes and desserts, and not often. And good for baking and vanilla, just to have a strong flavor.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

erna

Старожил форума

• Thanked 18 times
  • Thanked 21 times
9 #
Posted on 05/04/2015 1:55:41

Never seen in the Italian supermarket packaging fresh bay leaf. I have my own garden, and the smell of it can not be compared with any Caucasian dry broom, which are sold in Russia. As for natural vanilla pods, it is not that it is super expensive thing. Sale in any supermarket, and is that something in the range of 5 euros. Not its weight in gold .
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
# 10
Posted 04/05/2015 15:28:00

5 euros for a five vanilla pods, all are expensive. But I'm still going to buy when my strategic reserves run out, spoiled at this vanilla during his stay on the island. We have it out there in the yard grew and that's how I was drying it, show off in general)))))
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 21.3.2016 21:28, Processed in 0.690112 second (s), 92 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning