Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 72 times
  • Thanks 47 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 24.1.2015 12:29:56 | descending
More than 20 years in Moscow on Friday is going to at least 50 people to listen to lectures on the Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. Following their Viktor Sokolov, and I was among his students for more than 20 years.
You also can listen to them here https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8fa37da31717/Sokolov , lecture consists of two parts and it looks FORMAP mp3, for example, 2015-01-23a.mp3, first he says about 40 minutes and then says: "let this prervёmsya" and begins a collective meditation, sometimes sounding mantras. After nearly 0.5 hours begins the second part of the lecture, according to the same structure.
I advise you not to be afraid of unfamiliar words, information, and connect to the meditation. The benefits you can get from listening not to the satisfaction of the mind, but in the more important sense of things themselves.
Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 72 times
  • Thanks 47 times
2 #
Опубликовано 8.4.2015 23:17:35 Author | Posted 04/08/2015 23:17:35

Re: Lectures on the Integral Yoga

Difficult question I asked Albina - talk about Integral Yoga .... but I'll try, do not be hard as it will.
Thus, the age of Yoga is not possible to determine, we can say only that it is the oldest spoken on Earth.
However, even when faced with our contemporaries do not live as we are, to understand them, we need to study, for example, another language, traditions, etc.
So imagine what happens to the Knowledge for thousands of years? Of course, people need not only a literal translation, but the translation into our modern concept. It is about can be understood by people who had taken today to read the Bible, the Koran.
Usually such fundamental knowledge is not recorded, and transmitted orally and only later (note that is already at a later time have people with other concepts) were recorded.

Those. Knowledge of Yoga in our time came almost not readable condition, they were written, but to understand them in their original state was not possible. People have taken away this knowledge into pieces, lay down a quilt:
Hatha - Yoga - working to improve the body,
Raja - Yoga - mind,
Bhakti -yoga soul
Tantra Yoga energy
etc.

It does not remind you of this famous parable several blind feeling the elephant, each one of the pieces, trying to prove to each other as the same look as a whole elephant?

So it is with yoga, modern man with our typical narrow views, could not embrace, understand the true knowledge of Yoga.
And then in 1872, he was born in India a boy - Aurobindo Ghose, who 5 years lived and studied in the UK. Thus it is perfectly assimilated European culture, was a master of many languages, including Italian, he graduated with honors from King's College Cambridge. Then, after returning to India, he began to study Indian culture, Sanskrit, Yoga. And the legacy that he has left - it numerous books on Modern English (very much translated into Russian). In fact, he has translated from Sanskrit into English, and translated into the language of our modern concept of knowledge of Yoga in its entirety, as it was possible.
Why not fully, you ask? Imagine that you are a little child explain complex things, of course you try to speak in a language accessible to the child. So, we are children on their level, not yet finished, unable to understand this Knowledge.
As Sri Aurobindo drew from the source ie Knowledge is not divided into pieces that he called it in his works Integral Yoga. He was a man of a different level, he was able to figure it out.
So what is Integral Yoga? On this issue, you have to find the answers that are suitable to you. Try to open a book, "Sri Aurobindo or the Adventure of Consciousness" by Satprem. In fact, this book was written with the help of Sri Aurobindo, it is a true book, I call it the door into the world of Integral Yoga. If you pull this reading, then the door is open for you, go ahead, read his books, and if you do not pull, it means that until it was more time for you.
By the way, Italy has a special connection with the Integral Yoga. It is too early to come to this country, some of the Italians (particularly arts world people) were fascinated by it. I've inherited from my husband were not only books on the subject, but also long-term collection of the magazine in Italian "DOMANI" which was dedicated to the Integral Yoga.

So I tried to briefly explain my answer to the question. The rest is written in 30 volumes of Sri Aurobindo and beyond. I do not read everything, and so to understand and follow this one in my life is clearly not enough.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

L'alba
City
Modena

Старожил форума

• Thanked 24 times
  • Thanked 20 times
3 #
Posted 08/04/2015 23:39:38

Naila, thank you very much for writing. I marked in the subject line, so as not to lose it and then I read it in detail.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Anna Fedorova
  • Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
4 #
Posted 10/04/2015 18:41:59

Very interesting! Thank you, Naila!
I look narrowly to yoga for a long time, but do not know where to start. Many do different physical exercises, they often walk on the internet, but I have the physical part of yoga is less interesting because it seems to me, still will not work without an inner improvement to achieve harmony in the body. But such an approach is very nice to me. I'll try to listen to lectures.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 72 times
  • Thanks 47 times
5 #
Опубликовано 12.4.2015 15:17:34 Author | Posted 12/04/2015 15:17:34

Re: On the Integral Yoga

Yoga Basics
The book "Fundamentals of Yoga" by Sri Aurobindo is a compilation of excerpts from different letters of Sri Aurobindo to his disciples, in which he answers their questions. These passages are brought together and are arranged so as to provide some power for the striving to understand and practice the Integral Yoga.

http://www.auro-ebooks.com/ru/%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B-%D0%B9%D0%BE%D0% B3% D0% B8 / here you can download

excerpt
Yoga Basics
SPOKOYSTVIE- QUIET -BESPRISTRASTNOST

If the mind is restless, it is impossible to lay a solid foundation for Yoga. The first thing you need to do is silence in the mind. In addition, the dissolution of the personal consciousness is not the primary goal of Yoga: the primary goal is to reveal the personal consciousness to a higher spiritual consciousness, and this also requires silence in the mind first and foremost.

The first thing to be done in the course of the sadhana is to establish in the mind of peace and silence. Otherwise, you may have will be some feelings, but it would not be permanent. The true consciousness can only grow in a silent mind.

The silence in the mind does not mean that there will not be any movement of thought in general; but these movements will occur on the surface and you will feel your true inner being detached from them, gazed at them, but not captured by them, able to observe and judge them, rejecting all that has to be cut off, taking and keeping everything that is true consciousness and true experience.

Submission of mind is good, but be careful to obey the truth and only the touch of the Divine Force. If you are obedient to the promptings of the lower nature and effects, you can not develop or even get into the power of the hostile forces that can take you away from the true path of yoga.

Aspire to the Mother for approval in your mind of peace and tranquility, and this constant sense of the inner being, detached from the external nature and facing the Light and Truth.

The forces that stand in the way of sadhana are the forces of the lower mental, vital and physical nature. Behind them there are the hostile forces of the mental, vital and subtle physical worlds. They can be dealt with only after the mind and heart have found the general orientation, focused in a common aspiration for the Divine.

To be in full union with the Divine - is the main goal. When a person is in some form of permanent unity, it can be called a Yogi, but unity must be complete. There are Yoga, which have unity only on the spiritual plane, others - are united in mind and heart, and others - and also in the vital. The aim of our Yoga is the unity in the physical consciousness and on the supramental plane.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 18.3.2016 11:10, Processed in 0.677347 second (s), 64 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning