- Thanked 0 times
- Thanked 0 times
| Russia has imposed a total ban on the supply of beef, pork, fruits and vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, cheese, milk from the EU, US, Australia, Canada and Norway. The ban does not apply to baby food and goods purchases by individuals. |
A complete list appeared on the government website:
- Meat of bovine animals, fresh or chilled
- Meat of bovine animals, frozen
- Pork fresh, chilled or frozen
- Meat and edible offal of poultry, fresh, chilled or frozen
- Meat salted, in brine, dried or smoked
- Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates
- Milk and dairy products
- Vegetables, edible roots and tubers
- Fruit and nuts
- Sausages and similar products of meat, meat offal or blood; food preparations based thereon
- Prepared foods, including cheeses and cheese based on vegetable fats
- Food products (milk-containing products based on vegetable fat)
Medvedev instructed the Federal Customs Service to take the necessary measures to implement the decision to ban the import of some products. According to him, trying to make money on speculative import ban would be "severely repressed".
Medvedev also instructed the Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Economic Development and the Federal Antimonopoly Service to coordinate activities to curb rising prices.
The ban is introduced for a period of one year from today, but the situation changes can be reviewed. Also, according to Prime Minister, Russia is ready to impose retaliatory sanctions in shipbuilding, aviation and automotive industries.
On the eve of presidential decree was issued, stating on limiting the importation of agricultural raw materials and food products from countries that have imposed sanctions against Russia for a year.
Recall that after the beginning of the crisis in Ukraine and the Crimea to Russia a number of countries, including the United States, European Union countries, Norway, Australia and Japan, have introduced sanctions against some Russian officials and companies.