Germany
USA
France
Czech Republic
Russia
Ukraine

930 | Ответить: 6 Views .: 930 | Reply: 6
print ago Forward

[It is interesting] Passionflower (Passiflora)

Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 222 times
  • Thanks 92 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 10.5.2014 19:41:12 | descending
The Latin name for the flower Passiflora was familiar to me before, but I saw it on a photo (booklet some cosmetics company) recently. "Well it is necessary, what it okazyvaetsya strange and unusual, this passion flower" - then I thought. And this week, a few steps from the park stumbled upon it quite by accident and, of course, could not take a picture :

Thanks to the internet indispensable learned that in Russian is called the miracle of passion ( "my" refers to the form of the blue passionflower), and the origin of its name interested me so much that I want to share with you :

Passion were among the first flowers of the New World, caught in European gardens. The first known description of passionflower given in 1553 by Pedro Cieza de Leon, describing "Granadilla" that grew in Colombia. Granadilla in Spanish means "little pomegranate." In 1610, the flower Passiflora image fell into the hands of the Italian historian and cleric Giacomo Bosio. Bosio started collecting and other descriptions and images of the flower, being brought by the Mexican Jesuits, and in the same year published a report «Della Trionfante e Gloriosa Croce», in which he described a flower passionflower as a visual embodiment of the sufferings of Christ. Three stigma symbolized the nails that were nailed to the cross of the feet and hands of Christ. External crown symbolized a crown of thorns, stamens - the five wounds. 72 coronary inner corona filaments were taken for the amount of crown of thorns. Spear-shaped leaves have designated peak pierced Christ. A zhelёzki found on the reverse side of the sheet should have mean thirty pieces of silver received by Judas for betraying. This comparison and given great occasion to the name Passiflora plant, from the Latin «passus» - suffering and «flos» - flower, that is passion (English Passion flower.). Later attempts were made to find other religious symbols in the various parts of the plant. But there were people, condemning them as superstition.

Then I noticed in the minds of the flower;
Mysterious - purple and gold,
It was strange, but each petal
Was imbued with the charm of a net.

That night, when the blood of Christ lilasya
(The people have a tradition of it) -
For the first time he has blossomed in the shadow of the cross
And therefore called passion,

As if in a dungeon of the executioner,
It can be seen guns sufferings of Christ:
Everything, from the cross, and whip of ropes,
Before the hammer - with a crown of thorns needles.
The original text (it.)

- Heinrich Heine, Mushka (translation O. Chyuminoy)

Fully ripe fruits of some species (eg, Passiflora caerulea, Passiflora suberosa, Passiflora edulis) suitable for food.

All species in northern climates can be grown as a dekorativnolistvennye Flowering or in rooms, or greenhouses, provided that sufficient lighting and temperature in the winter; True, some of them difficult for beginners, and cultivation of individual species is difficult, even for the amateur kollektsionerv with the experience. More hardy of them, it is Passiflora caerulea, Passiflora incarnata, Passiflora foetida is already in the middle of Europe, and especially in the south (in Russia - Krasnodar Territory, Primorye) can be grown in open ground. The roots of Passiflora caerulea (passion flower blue), for example, carry a short-term drop in temperature to -15 ° C, part of the ground at the same die.

Passionflower herb has many medicinal properties and is used in folk medicine. For example, known as "bat", the Indians in the late XVI century. used for the treatment of liver diseases assiflora sexocellata - from eye diseases; other - as a laxative. Medicinal properties of passion fruit and red meat (Passiflora incarnata) recognized by official medicine (for example, on the basis of its extract is manufactured drugs such as the "New Pass", "Central-B").
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%86%D0%B2%D0 % B5% D1% 82
Nailya
City
Bracciano

Старожил форума

• Thanked 79 times
  • Thanked 51 times
2 #
Posted 10/05/2014 21:59:19

Re: Passionflower (Passiflora)

http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B0&stype=image&lr=10445&noreask=1&source=wiz это Passiflora species. I've been in love with this flower and was even able to grow it from seed at the balcony, though colors were not yet. Over all I was attracted by the special flavor of these non-conventional colors. Flower has uspokayuvayuschee property (but indoors flavor is too strong, it is not recommended to be grown indoors). And my husband's friend said that the flower has a spiritual value, but maybe he had a religious meaning as described in the topic? Unfortunately, I can no longer ask again Leo, he died a few years ago.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 6 Times
  • Thanks 5 times
3 #
Posted 11/05/2014 13:55:13

This unusual flower, seemingly simple and at the same time as much detail knotted
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
4 #
Posted 11/05/2014 14:05:04

Flowers are very beautiful and delicious fruit. All the same, on their Russian "passion fruit" called. A French "passion fruit" (fruit de la passion), wondering what it was originally a religious significance, and not just guess.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Tatyana

Старожил форума

• Thanked 6 Times
  • Thanks 5 times
5 #
Posted 11/05/2014 15:24:48

All the same, on their Russian "passion fruit" called. A French "passion fruit"
Well, as always, the French came down to love Lena, intrigued, I had never tried, definitely try if possible
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 222 times
  • Thanks 92 times
6 #
Опубликовано 11.5.2014 17:44:07 Author | Posted 11/05/2014 17:44:07

Lena, intrigued, I had never tried, definitely try if possible

I also try on occasion not to miss this opportunity
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
7 #
Posted 05/12/2014 10:44:19

It should be cut in half and spoon the flesh is. Fruit should be well ripe, or will be very sour. With the banana well as a relatively fresh banana. (In Africa had to dodge)))) They're basically doing juice from them.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 25.3.2016 11:55, Processed in 0.697290 second (s), 75 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning