Nastasia
City
Cologna Veneta

Старожил форумаМодератор

• Thanked 213 times
  • Thanks 85 times
1 #
по убыванию Published 29.4.2014 14:22:28 | descending
I first tried the asparagus this spring (father in law grows) and decided to learn more about this plant - found information to share with you udovolstie

Asparagus is called "a royal product," because once it could use only the monarchs. This incredibly tasty and healthy delicacy. Overestimate its beneficial properties is impossible.

In Russia, the asparagus is still not very popular. Few people know about it, even fewer people have tried it at least once in their lives. But in Europe the situation is exactly different. There she is so popular that in many countries even arrange asparagus festivals.

Today, there are more than 200 species of asparagus and more - ways of cooking.
Five interesting facts about asparagus

Asparagus is grown under the ground and under ideal conditions, can grow up to 20 cm per day.

Asparagus has become popular thanks to Louis XIV. In the XVI century in France, King Louis XIV ordered the special greenhouse for the cultivation of asparagus all year round. Since asparagus is called "food of kings."

The green (or whiter) asparagus, so it is softer (not in the thickness of the case).

In one stalk of asparagus all only 4 calories and absolutely no fat.

Previously, there was a tradition of the French three shifts feeding dishes with asparagus on the night before the wedding. It is full of potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and vitamin E - the perfect combination for hormones.

Types of asparagus

Nowadays, three types of asparagus spread: white, purple and green.

White asparagus is considered to be the most common. The white color is due to the fact that the plant is hiding from the sun, so white asparagus is almost tasteless. However, fans believe that she has a subtle nutty flavor. The most popular dish of white asparagus in our days - marinated asparagus.

Previously, it was considered a delicacy white asparagus, but rarely eaten green. But today it is considered to be the most delicious green. It has a pleasant grassy taste and appetizing crackles. It serves as a side dish, made from her salad.

Violet or purple, asparagus has been "withdrawn" by artificial means. The French have figured out how to give it an unusual color: the minimum time it is kept under the sun, while not letting go green. This variety is the most rare, and it is rather unusual taste, slightly bitter. When cooked, this asparagus is green.

Asparagus for slimming

Asparagus - a real godsend for those who count calories and fears dial unnecessary weight. All varieties of asparagus contains very few calories - only 22 calories per 100 grams of product. Because of this it is included in many diets.

Asparagus makes the skin cleaner and healthier, removes edema, displays the body of excess fluid, it helps to leave the unwanted pounds.

It is in all respects a light meal, it is easily absorbed by the body and nourishes it with essential vitamins and minerals.

How useful asparagus

Any sort of asparagus boasts valuable B vitamins, A, E and C, and minerals: calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. Asparagus is rich in carotene, saponins and asparagine (substances involved in protein synthesis).

Substances and minerals contained in asparagus, involved in the formation and strengthening of connective and bone tissue, healing wounds of the heart, liver and urinary tract.

Potassium salts and acid asparagus beneficial effect on kidney function, helps to eliminate toxins, relieves bacterial infections and inflammations.

It is believed that it is well affect the potency. Therefore, in ancient times, it has even banned the monks.

Medicine appreciates asparagus for its ability to reduce epilepsy, to treat kidney stones, heart disease, high blood pressure, cystitis, cirrhosis of the liver. You can enumerate a long time.

Asparagus cooking

There are reasons why the asparagus is not particularly popular in Russia. She just did not know how to cook properly. Asparagus is thrown into boiling water, along with other vegetables. As a result, it is digested and loses flavor and nutrients. In fact, asparagus - delicious delicacy highly prized by gourmets and the best chefs around the world.

Asparagus eaten cold and hot, her stuffed sandwiches, put in salads. White asparagus is usually canned and in this form are added to various dishes.

Asparagus is a wonderfully combined with absolutely any vegetables, especially in the form of casseroles. It is also great as a side dish to various meat dishes and steaks. And like asparagus served with egg dishes for breakfast.

How to choose asparagus

In the Northern Hemisphere season asparagus - from late April to late June, in the South - from November to February. Only in these two periods can taste the real, to keep useful items asparagus. At other times, it is likely to grown in greenhouses.

Ideally, you need to eat freshly asparagus. Pay attention to her appearance and, oddly enough, the beauty of the stems. They should be fresh, if only ripped off.

When buying asparagus in a store, pay attention to the runners: they should be smooth and shiny. And if you rub the stems of each other, they creak slightly.

Even in hard fresh vegetable stalks with tightly closed heads. A length of the stem should be between 15-18 centimeters.

Keep refrigerated asparagus can be no more than 2 days, pre-wrapped in a wet cloth.

Secrets of cooking asparagus

Cooking asparagus, on the one hand, it is very simple. However, there are some subtleties. Its lower part of the upper bit tougher, so cook the asparagus standing upright stalks tied in a bun and put in the middle of some small weight to the asparagus does not pop up.

Cook the asparagus in salted water need by adding a drop of oil - olive oil or butter. This will form an oily film which will not evaporate nutrients.

Ideally, the water should not boil too. The digested asparagus will not have any vitamins. At low boil water upper part of the asparagus is cooked by steam.

The thicker stems, the longer the need to boil the asparagus. Usually 10 to 20 minutes. Immediately after cooking asparagus is rinsed with cold water. Then it will be crunch.

Salad of asparagus

Recipes salad with asparagus there is great variety. We propose to try to begin to master this vegetable with a very simple salad.

Ingredients:

Rukkola1 beam
Tomatoes cherri5-7 pieces.
Parmezanpo taste
Asparagus green stalks 5-7
Olive maslo1-2 hours. L.
Lemon taste SACB

Cooking method

Fresh asparagus stems Boil in salted water, let cool and cut into several pieces.

Arrange arugula on a plate, cut into several pieces cherry tomatoes. Top with the asparagus.

All season with olive oil, lemon juice and finely grated parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

http://kitchenmag.ru/posts/pishcha-koroley-vse-o-sparzhe
Cat
Catherine

Старожил форума

• Thanked 33 times
  • Thanks 71 times
2 #
Posted 29/04/2014 14:55:22

Re: The food of kings: all about asparagus

but I like the store is sold, probably canned. instead of dinner is fine in another form I had not tried
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
3 #
Posted 29/04/2014 14:57:04

I love asparagus! And for the taste and for the fact that preparing a breeze!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
4 #
Posted 29/04/2014 14:58:38

Spasibochki, the present! As at the time of cooking tips. I've already bought a special high pan, and all that is not to my taste was. I will try now with the oil and washed.
And yet, in my opinion, it is necessary that the sauce was delicious and perfect. And then she had tasteless by itself, the asparagus. Most of all I like it in combination with salmon (a little bit fried on a griddle) like.
I do not even think such a useful asparagus.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

mascha
City
Latina

Старожил форума

• Thanked 14 times
  • Thanks 5 times
5 #
Posted 29/04/2014 15:04:00

I cook the asparagus for a couple (on the grid in the pan at 7 minutes), then sprinkled with olive oil and lemon - yummy !!! I also cut off the lower part, and do not use it
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
6 #
Posted 29/04/2014 15:09:25

Volgushka, try this recipe! Real jam! And no sauce is not necessary!
Throw in the pan knob of butter and a little olive.
Green asparagus (you can not even clean) only solid tips to cut (those that are white) wash, and throw on essno skovodu, there is a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar, 1 minute hold it over high heat, then turn down the fire and close the lid. Soar 10 minutes that way, it may be 15. If it is necessary to stir. (I sometimes let down a mountain, you need to turn it). In general, look for it herself ready. All. I do not need no sauce and no specials. pan. Vkusnotischschschscha!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

volga-volga
City
San Remo

Старожил форума

• Thanked 2 Times
  • Thanked 0 times
7 #
Posted 29/04/2014 15:27:58

Thank you, definitely try. Well, you, Ol, give saucepan is not needed Wonder whether bought))))). You do not add garlic?
For a couple to be also very good.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Nat
City
Rome

Старожил форума

• Thanked 7 Times
  • Thanked 12 times
# 8
Posted 29/04/2014 15:50:12

I also love asparagus. As a simple side dish, served with lemon and olive oil. Still I love it as "salsa Bianca" for the gnocchi: it is prepared with salsichey. Ochchen tasty, very saporito
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

Старожил форума

• Thanked 0 times
  • Thanked 0 times
9 #
Posted 29/04/2014 15:52:57

Somewhere disappeared citation function, so the answer is)) Yes, Lena Volgushka! No garlic! He does not need it! Green asparagus is delicious on its own!
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

elisa

Старожил форума

• Thanked 23 times
  • Thanks 19 times
# 10
Posted 29/04/2014 16:21:02

Freshly asparagus - this thing! And omelette with it is good, and the pasta and risotto combined with shrimp is a dream at all! And you can do asparagus sauce like pesto, yes anything. It is a pity that the purchase did not like, so it turns out to feast on it in the spring.
Reply Thank you!

A complaint

We're on Facebook
Russian Ukrainian English German French

GMT + 3, 16.3.2016 14:34, Processed in 0.700402 second (s), 93 queries, Gzip On.

to come back to the beginning